Work With Us
From time to time we look for new fabulous people to join the teams at our three branches. This is where you'll find those opportunities.
Please keep checking back for open positions. Think you've got what it takes? Drop off a CV and letter at any branch (or email it to email@example.com) telling us why you're better than the next person, when we have an opening we'll get in touch (if you impress us!).
We are looking for someone to work in our warehouse at Redcar branch
This role is full time Monday to Friday 08.30 to 16.30 and is based in Redcar
You will need to be hardworking, trustworthy and have a good level of literacy (able to read and interpret order and delivery forms), be organised and able to follow directions well. You must be able to work on your own integrity, organise your work load to meet deadlines and keep in communication with other departments to ensure smooth running of the delivery process.
Please be aware that this role will include heavy lifting and working at height on ladders.
It is not necessary that you have previously worked in the automotive industry, we will train you to ensure you have all the knowledge you need to be successful. Most important to us is being part of a team, taking pride in your work and making sure that Oak Road continues to be a successful small business.
You must hold a valid UK full licence.
Here’s what you need to know. You will be required to carry out the following activities as part of your role. As a small business we will expect you to jump in and help in other areas when staff members are sick or on holiday.
- Checking incoming stock against invoices
- Reporting any missing items to suppliers
- Putting stock on shelves
- Helping to load and unload delivery vans
- Picking stock against customer invoices
- Picking stock against interbranch orders
- Keeping shelves and stock neat and tidy
- Stock taking and checking/tracking stock levels
- Reporting any stock shortages on shelf
- Returning stock to suppliers
- Making number plates, including checking and recording the relevant documents (you will be trained to do this)
- General housekeeping of the entire store, not just the warehouse
- Communicating with staff in all branches
- Delivery of parts when short staffed or for urgent deliveries
Think you can bring something great to our company? To apply send a CV and covering letter to Clair at the Redcar branch telling us what it is and why we should consider you. You don’t have to have worked in car parts before, we want your skills and the rest we will teach you.
Drop in store, post to ORMF, Oak Road, Redcar TS10 3NS or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Drivers - no current vacancies
We don't have any vacancies right now
If you want to drive for us, the first thing you need to know is this is NOT a ‘nice little driving job’. Our drivers work hard, are the face of our company to our customers and have to master the art of getting somewhere fast….without speeding!
Think you can cut it? Here’s what you need to know:
– You need to be over 21 with a full and clean UK driving licence
– You need to be hardworking and trustworthy
– You should be good with numbers. You will collect cash and returns and be responsible for the correct amounts getting back to base
– A good knowledge of the areas where our branches are located is a plus. You will get to know your way from garage to garage and the quicker you can do that the happier we’ll be
– You need GREAT customer service. You are the face of our company, and we expect you to be courteous and smiley. A good sense of humour might help too!
– You should be clean and tidy. We do not like mucky vans
Our drivers are on zero hours contracts. Unless you really shine, then the boss might have a little chat.